All the 19 pandemics spread around the world; Covid has also been effective in Turkey and Istanbul. The Turkish Government takes many measures to reduce the effects of the pandemic. One of the most important things that visitors should know is the HES code.
What is HES Code?
To reduce the spread of Covid 19 HES code is tracking who develops symptoms of Covid 19. All citizens and noncitizens have to use HES codes during visits. In restaurants, shopping malls, hospitals, hotels, and public transportation, your HES code record contacts are kept under follow-up. This system is used to reach the infected person quickly and to ensure the spread of the disease. If you are a Covid 19 patient and violate the quarantine rules, you can be identified in the HES code query and access controlled quarantine.
How to Get HES Code?
There are several ways to get the HES code; Please find below how to do it.
HES is the shortcut of Hayat Eve Sigar. You can get the code from the Hayat Eve Sigar Application on IOS and Android.
Send a text message to 2023 with a Turkish SIM card (you can ask for help from the reception or the transfer staff). Post HES - National Identity Number - The last 4 digits of your National Identity Serial Number - the number of days you stay in Turkey (leave gaps between the information requested) enter. You will receive your HES code immediately after your message.
Covid 19 Precautions
Pandemic measures pushed by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Tourism businesses must get the Document Safe Tourism. Touristic facilities and businesses that can meet the hygiene and capacity requirements determined in this direction are allowed to work. Safe Tourism Certificate conditions specified by the Ministry of Tourism are periodically audited. Until the corrections are made, closing penalties are applied to the enterprises found to be deficient in the audit.Museums can accept up to half of their capacity. It is restricted to walk inside without a mask, and it is compulsory to use disinfectant at the entrance. HES code registration is taken at the museum entrances.The Government of the Republic of Turkey is taking measures to control the disease. In this way, it aims to keep the number of infected people low.
The rules people must obey
- Everyone has to go around with a mask in all areas.
- Persons with the disease are kept under quarantine for 14 days.
- Turkey subtracting the number of patients according to the provinces, the rules are applied by evaluating each city's progress.
- There are no more curfew restrictions now.
- Tourists coming from abroad can visit freely.
- It is necessary to use the HES code in all shopping malls, public transportation, and restaurants.
- To get on public transportation, you need to define the HES code of Istanbul Kart (Public Transportation Card) that you will use.
Rules that businesses must follow
- The shopping centers can accept visitors up to full of their capacity.
- Restaurants can accept customers full of their capacity.
- Shopping centers, restaurants will accept the guests by taking the HES code at the entrance.
- HES code is a query at public transport entrances.